Explore a beautiful and scenic stretch of the River Dart by canoe, topped off with a gourmet riverside picnic, using food and drink sourced from small independent local suppliers.
The trip begins at Totnes and ends at Stoke Gabriel. After a brief introduction to canoeing technique we set off and canoe for about an hour or so. We'll be paddling the stretch of water running by the Sharpham Estate which is known for its serenity, natural beauty and bird life. The canoeing is gentle and easy going, but enough to work up a good appetite for the sumptuous riverside picnic that awaits you. When you've had your fill, we'll jump back into the canoes and paddle for a short time finishing off about 3pm.
Suitable for novice canoeists and food lovers! (Adults and older children only.)
Tuition given and canoeing equipment provided.
Our suppliers include:
- Luscombe Farm Drinks
- Ticklemore Cheese
- Sharpham diary
- The Fish Deli Ashburton
- Riverford Farm
- Ashburton Deli
- Ella's Artisan Bakery
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Start point: We meet at Longmarsh Carpark, Totnes, TQ9 5AL Longmarsh carpark is the very last car park down Steamer Quay road, by Totnes Rowing Club. You'll need money for the parking meter. End point: Stoke Gabriel harbour.
- Times: usually 11am-3pm but may vary slightly depending on conditions.
- What to wear/bring: Wear loose fitting comfy clothes, old trainers/boots (your feet are likely to get wet and muddy!), bring a raincoat if it looks we might have a shower. Water bottle. Sunhat/sunblock if it's going to be hot.
- What's included? Canoe, paddle, life vest, qualified guide, gourmet riverside picnic.
- transport back to your vehicles in Totnes if needed.
- WEIGHT LIMIT: Sorry but our canoes are not suitable for people who weigh in excess of 16 stone (100 kg) as they may tip over!