A gentle canoe journey on the stunning River Dart with a stop-off at the Sharpham estate to sample some of their award-winning wines.
This is what Sharpham say about their wines - "Classic English wines are produced at Sharpham vineyard as a result of a happy marriage of soil, climate and grape variety known as terroir, and nature has bestowed her gifts freely upon us here at Sharpham. In the winery, we employ both New World and traditional techniques to best develop our unique regional characteristics. Our tally of International Awards confirms our position as one of England's foremost quality wine producers. We invite you to visit, sample, and make up your own minds about our fine English wine."
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Start/finish point: We start and end this trip from two different locations depending on the times of the tides on the day of your trip. Your trip will start and end at either TOTNES or STOKE GABRIEL. Please check the start point for your trip and make sure that you turn up at the right place for the trip you have booked! The start/end point for your trip is indicated when you select your date. If your trip ends at a different place from where it starts we will provide a taxi shuttle back to your vehicle,
- Stoke Gabriel start: Meet at the River Shack car park, Stoke Gabriel TQ96RD. Parking is £3.
- Totnes start: Meet at Longmarsh car park TQ95AL. This is the FINAL car park on Steamer Quay road, next to Totnes Rowing Club. Bring cash to feed the parking metre.
- Timings: Start/end times vary day to day depending on state of the tides. MAKE SURE to check the correct time for your trip which is indicated when you book. The total experience takes about 4 hours.
- What to wear/bring: Wear loose fitting comfy clothes appropriate for the weather conditions. Bring a raincoat if it looks we might have a shower. Sunhat/sunblock if it's going to be hot. FOOTWEAR: Old trainers/boots SUITABLE FOR MUDDY UNEVEN RIVERBANKS.Packed lunch/snacks . Water bottle.
- WEIGHT LIMIT: Sorry but our canoes are not suitable for people who weigh in excess of 18 stone (114 kg) as they may tip over! If you are over this weight limit but already have some canoeing experience and feel confident then we're ok with that!
- What's included? Canoe, paddle, life vest, qualified guide, wine-tasting voucher, taxi shuttle if required.
- Price: ADULT £45 CHILD (under 16) £20 (children don't get to taste the wine!)